24 Hour Portland
So it's 4:20 in the morning and I forgot to sleep and I have to get out of here.
Where can I go? What's open 24 hours a day in Portland?
- Southeast Grind, 1223 SE Powell Blvd, on the southern border of the Hosford-Abernethy neighborhood, bills itself as Portland's only 24-hour coffeehouse. Yeah? Yeah. Strangely this may be true.
- the nearby Original Hotcake House, 1002 SE Powell Blvd, 1 block west of SE 12th, open 24/7.
- Some say Voodoo Doughnut downtown is open 24 hours. Others say it's open overnight but closes in the day. Cash only remember.
- the Safeway groceries on SE Woodstock east of Reed College and at 39th Avenue and Powell are both open 24 hours. Various QFCs stores are also open 24/7.
- 24 Hour Fitness is fittingly open 24 hours if you want to exercise.
- Zupan's Burnside does NOT stay open all night.
- The Roxy, 1121 SW Stark Street, a restaurant steps away from Powell's Bookstore, is open all the time Tuesday through Sunday.
- some of the college libraries stay open 24 hours around finals time but they're full of jittery children who need showers and are too busy to let you give them one.
- there's always Denny's, 7-11, or Walgreens. And the police work all night too, if you just want conversation.
- and how could I forget the 24 Hour Church of Elvis?
- Southeast Grind | Portland's Only 24 Hour Coffee House "Making Bellies Happy Since 2009!"