Benson Polytechnic High School

From PortlandWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Benson Polytechnic is a high school located at 546 NE 12th Avenue in the Kerns neighborhood of Northeast Portland.

Originally founded in 1908 as the Portland School of Trades, it was renamed Benson Polytechnic High School in 1917 after receiving a $100,000 donation from Simon Benson. That money, along with an equal amount appropriated from the School Board, went to the purchase of land and the construction of the current school, which opened its doors in September of 1918.