- Date: Friday, November 25, 2011
- Time: 11am – 10pm
- Location: LightBox Kulturhaus - 2027 NE MLK Blvd (Just next to Tiny's Coffee, accessed via Tiny's small parking lot on MLK)
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
Gather, connect and share with your community
We're cultivating an opportunity for people to gather and connect with their community on a day typically associated with the economic bottom line.
We are encouraged by the widespread activism throughout the world. We seek to grow and foster community connection and support community rights.
- Bring your families and friends (young and old) to meet and share a day with your local community.
- 11am - Morning meditation and Sound healing
- Noon - 3pm
- Multiple Activities, including:
- Community 'living room conversation' and discussion on topics which you feel passionate.
- Cider Pressing - Press fresh juice from fruits that grow naturally on this earth. Bring apples or pears from your neighborhood trees to press and enjoy their sweet flavors.
- Multi-media - brief video examples of positive, informative community actions taking place around the world.
- 3:30 - 5pm - Paul Cienfuegos - will speak about communities using the legal system to self-empower and highlight portions of his workshops and talks, for example: 'First Steps in Dismantling Corporate Rule: We the People Are More Powerful Than We Dare to Believe' and 'Is a Truly Sustainable Society Achievable As Long As Corporate Rights Trump the Rights of People?'
- 5-6:30pm - Community Sing-A-Long - Lewis Childs will lead the community in a sing-a-long. Please bring your copy of Rise Up Singing and an instrument you enjoy playing.
- 8pm - Evening Movie
- Two options:
- Thrive [What on Earth will it Take]
- Inside Job [film that exposes the truth behind 2008 economic crisis]
- Ongoing throughout the day
- Community Visioning Board - Creative outlet for those who express with pens, collage, paint and more.
- Screen printing station - bring a t-shirt or similar type clothing to screen print and take home
- Oral tradition storytelling
- Bring your open heart and a desire to engage in conscious communication with those around you.
If you have a few leftovers or beverages from the 24th, bring them or put them in an electric crock-pot as warm food keeps the heart beating and the mind clear.
If you'd like to present, speak or perform on Friday please contact Peter Davidson with details.
- This event is open to all who would like to participate, please invite your community.