Creating Peace and Protecting Sanity
- Date: Sunday, February 12, 2012
- Time: 9:00am until 5:00pm
- Location: Shambhala Meditation Center of Portland, 1110 SE Alder, Suite 203, Portland, OR
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
Victory Over War: How to Create Peace and Protect Sanity During Times of Aggression
- What is victory over war?
In these times of confusion, aggression, and seemingly endless political, social, and emotional violence, this is a very important question to ask.
Thanks to the brilliance of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, we have a means to understand and attain victory over war -- the practice of creating peace and protecting sanity -- the path of the Dorje Kasung.
- This class is open to anyone interested in peace, conflict resolution, and meditation.
It does not require any knowledge of Buddhism or any commitment to the Dorje Kasung.
The motto of the Dorje Kasung is "Victory over War". War represents the struggle with the three mental poisons identified by the Buddha: passion, aggression and ignorance. Victory is being willing to face these poisons and meet them head on with insight and loving kindness.
We encounter conflict, confusion, and chaos everyday, in society as well as within out own minds.
This workshop will focus on teachings and practical skills on how to find confidence, gentleness, and skillfulness when faced with aggression. When we can face aggression with compassion and awareness, we create peace, protect the sanity of non-aggression, and attain victory over war.
- There is a sliding scale fee available for access to this program.
Please contact the Center for details.