Direct Action Training for Everyone! Part II!
- Date: Saturday, February 25, 2012
- Time: 11:30am until 5:00pm
- Location: St. Francis 1131 SE Oak
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- Back before F29 by popular demand!
If you missed it last time or want to attend a different track of workshops we hope to see you there!
- Please spread the word by inviting friends and posting on your wall
- 11:30-12 Opening and F29 Update: Learn the latest news about F29 in Portland and across the country.
- 12-3:00 Non-violent direct action: This workshop is *highly recommended* for activists wanting to engage in civil disobedience and direct action or those new to these tactics. It will cover history of direct action, affinity groups, action planning, conflict management and fun action role plays.
- 12-1:45 Blockades: Forest defenders and climate justice activists share tools to make actions more effective and activists very difficult to remove, from blocking roads to building entrances to... let your imagination run wild.
- 2-3:30 Strategic Action Planning: Tools to make our actions more effective and achieve our goals with less burnout. This workshop could change your life.
- 3:30-4 Coffee Break + Affinity Group Meet-up
- 4-4:30 Legal Support For Activist/Know Your Rights! Lead by lawyers supporting the Occupy movement, learn the rights you have when engaging with the police and how to support people risking arrest. People considering engaging in or supporting civil disobedience should attend this workshop.
- 4:30-5 American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC): Why is ALEC the target of this day of action? Learn more about the way they control our democracy behind closed doors and how to stop them!