Farmers vs Monsanto court case solidarity!
- Date: Tuesday, Jan 31
- Time: 4:00pm until 7:00pm
- Location: We will meet at the Park next to St. Francis at SE 12th & Stark, Pdx
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- We have musicians, compost & seeds! We need a couple of wheelbarrows,tools, including drill, screws, starts...etc.
PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS
- Brief description of issue
On January 31st, family farmers from across the county will take part in the first phase of the OSGATA et al. v. Monsanto court case filed to protect farmers from genetic trespass by Monsanto's genetically modified (GMO) seed, which can contaminate organic and non-GMO farmers' crops and open them up to abusive lawsuits.
As a result of aggressive lawsuits against farmers with contaminated crops, Monsanto has created an atmosphere of fear in rural America and driven dozens of farmers into bankruptcy.
- But farmers are fighting back!
The Federal District Court judge has agreed to hear oral arguments in this landmark case to decide whether or not this case will move forward.
- We create in solidarity with them.