Labor Outreach Committee Meeting
- Upcoming D12 Planning Meetings
- Thursday (12/8) and Sunday (12/11) at 3536 SE 26th (at Powell).
- Orientation at 6:30 pm. Meeting starts at 7:00 pm.
- Please come join us and help make this action happen!
- Upcoming D12 Flyering Opportunities
AFL-CIO Human Needs Not Corporate Greed
- 1:00pm on Saturday, December 10th at Director Park in downtown Portland.
- Flyering at the Ports
- Morning (6ish) and Evening (4ish) Thursday through Sunday
- Contact Jordan, email@example.com, 503-875-7317
- Flyering at the Rose Quarter TC
- Thursday 3:30pm-5:30pm
- Contact Nick firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.819.7394
- Flyering at Pioneer Square
- Thursday & Friday 3:00pm-6pm
- Contact Matt, 971 275 4146
- Flyering at St.John's this weekend
- Contact Larry at email@example.com
- DAY OF ACTION INFORMATION
- Check www.shutdowntheport.com for updates on the action, messaging, media, etc.
- Please join us on 12/12!
- Meet up at 6 AM at Kelley Point Park!
We will rally and then head to the Port together!
It is important to arrive on time. We need to establish a strong presence before the morning shift is scheduled to begin. Kelley Point Park is located in the Saint Johns neighborhood and is accessible via the #16 Bus. If you ride the bus, you will need to walk or bike 0.7 miles from the N. Lombard and Simmons stop. Check trimet.org for details.
There will be a second opportunity to meet up at 4 PM at Kelley Point Park for those who cannot make it in the morning! However, it is crucial that we get as many people as possible for the morning shift!
Please consider biking or driving if you can. Folks with cars are encouraged to offer rides to others. Folks with bikes are encouraged to bike to the Port. We may need cyclists and drivers to travel to different parts of the Port in order to maximize our coverage.
We encourage folks to form affinity groups -- groups of friends who are committed to sticking together during the action. The Flying Squad Committee will coordinate with affinity groups to ensure that we have a presence at all key areas of the Port.
If possible, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register your affinity group. Be prepared to share the name of your affinity group and one person’s contact information (a first name or alibi, phone number, and / or e-mail address is helpful).
West Coast Ports Shutdown! Coming right up on Monday, December 12th!
- Please forward this info to those interested.
- See Also