Movie Showing: Establishing a Food Forest
- Date: Every First Monday Of Each Month
- Time: 7:00pm until 10:00pm
- Location: TaborSpace 5441 SE Belmont Street, Portland, OR 97215
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- Every month, on FIRST MONDAYS, we're at TaborSpace with great movies, lectures, and more.
February's event is a showing of Permaculture Research Institute of Australia's great movie "Establishing a Food Forest". From the PRI-Australia website:
"Join Geoff Lawton on a Permaculture adventure as he demonstrates how to grow a food forest from start to finish. Over 90 minutes of quality information to get you on the right track in creating your own garden of Eden.
We start with a 20 minute Permaculture Classroom as Geoff explains the patterns of a Food Forest and the essential principles of "time stacking" your garden with the right mix of support species that feed and protect your fledgling fruit trees into maturity. We then join Geoff in the field as he puts the theory into action, planting the seeds and watching the system grow.
We end up at Tagari Farm - established by Permaculture founding father, Bill Mollision - which was abandoned years ago, but planted according to Permaculture design principles. Would this Food Foest survive on its own? You'll be surprised."
(For more info and to RSVP, go to http://pdxpermaculture.com/)