OCCUPY THE VALLEY RIVER MALL!!
- Date: Thursday November 25, 2011
- Time: 11:30pm until 2:30am
- Location: Valley River Center Mall 293 Valley River Center, Eugene, OR 97401
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
For every dollar or credit spent on gifts, we sacrifice time, giving something material in exchange for providing our friends and family with the gift of ourselves.
We remain deprived of connection with those around us, and struggle to fill this emptiness with commodities that we do not need. In reality, all we need is one another. BUY NOTHING.
- For More Info
- Text @oe_actions to 23559 to sign up for flashmob text alert system/instructions and actions alerts.
On Buy Nothing Day, “the goal is to give presence, not presents,” says Kristen Carpenter, a member of the Occupy Eugene Actions committee. “The only gifts to give are those that can be measured in heart. Break the chains of consumerism, give your family the gift of time.”
- In celebration of Buy Nothing Day, this Nov. 24th (Thanksgiving) at 11
- 45pm until 9:00 pm, Nov. 25th (Black Friday) there will be a midnight madness flash mob, “Occupy the Mall” at the Valley River Center in Eugene, OR.
You’ve probably seen other flash mobs, where unsuspecting strangers in a public space were suddenly treated a visual and audio feast of music, signing and dancing. Word is that this event will be “EPIC”!
Form an affinity group and make it a party! Contact Kristen at delta32 [at] mac.com for affinity group instructions.
Flyer image http://i39.tinypic.com/30ur5ft.jpg