Latest revision as of 15:03, 30 September 2014
A Universal Healthcare Teach-In
- Date: Sunday, January 22, 2012
- Time: 6:00pm until 8:00pm
- Location: The Waypost 3120 N. Williams Ave, Portland, OR 97227
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- Three generations ago it was acceptable that women couldn't vote.
- Two generations ago it was acceptable that people were divided on a bus by the color of their skin.
Today in the U.S. it is acceptable that the lack of insurance leads to 45,000 unnecessary deaths each year and that 60% of all bankruptcies that filed are due to the inability to pay outrageous medical bills.
Today, the U.S. is the only industrialized nation that does not have a Universal Healthcare System.
Bring your questions to this teach-in or just listen to Dr. Paul Gorman and guests discuss Healthcare in the U.S and in other nations.