Citizens Against the National Defense Authorization Act - Friday 9 December 2011
March Against the National Defense Authorization Act!
- Date: Friday, December 9th 2011
- Time: 5pm – 6pm
- Location: Director's Park, Downtown Portland
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
JOIN US! at Director's Park @ 5pm to voice our LARGE concern over this Bill that has already passed the Senate.
- AGENDA PLAN
- 5:00PM - We will gather at Director's Park located between SW Yamhill and SW Taylor.
- 5:00PM - 6:00PM - We will have an open forum and announcement. This is where crucial information about the bill is presented to everyone, especially for new people who are wanting to learn more, unaware and for bystanders.
- 6:00PM - 9:00PM - We will be marching around downtown to protest against the NDAA bill. Our route will typically cover Pioneer Square area, and may change depending on the number of participants (our previous march included a march on the east side from Lloyd Center to KATU).
Please come prepared and have your posters / signs with you that shows our opposition against the NDAA. We need more signs that contain words such as: NDAA, terrorist, battlefield, unconstitutional, indefinite detention, etc so that it's more obvious for people to see.
The Bill in short declares American soil a battlefield, not excluding its citizens (other than by Congress's "discretion") to be detained indefinitely without trial OR charge on the premise of "suspicion of terrorism"
McCain himself who birthed the Bill stated plainly to Sen. Ron Paul during a debate that "No matter who the individual, if they are posing a threat to the security of United States of America, they should not be allowed to continue that threat."
For further details on the bill please click the link to our FB event page: Citizens Against the National Defense Authorization Act (Facebook)
Citizens Against the National Defense Authorization Act