Live Through This
- Date: Saturday, February 25, 2012
- Time: 6:00pm until 9:00pm
- Location: Food for Thought Cafe 1825 SW Broadway (Basement of Smith Memorial Student Union!), Portland, OR 97201
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- Readings from the book Live Through This and music by Sabrina Chap!
Join neo-vaudevillian Sabrina Chap for an early evening of antics, story, and song. As well as readings from local authors, such as Smitty Buckler, on self-harm and suicide.
Sabrina will play music and share readings from her acclaimed anthology LIVE THROUGH THIS: On Creativity and Self-Destruction, which features seminal artists such as bell hooks, Nan Goldin, and Kate Bornstein.
- Ms. Chap will be joined by readings by local scribes such as Smitty Buckler, Cooper Lee Bombardier, and other special guests.
Sabrina Chap's got classical piano skills, the ballad lyrics of Tom Waits, the onstage antics of Phyllis Diller and the voice of a whiskey angel. Her sets are a ragtime stompin' good time, full of laughs, heartbreaks, and just plain good songwriting.
A classical pianist since the age of 5, Sabrina initially came to songwriting once she picked up her first guitar in college. Her first album, Bedroom Sessions, is a collection of folk songs written exclusively on guitar and recorded in her bedroom using Garageband." from www.sabrinachap.com
- Check out Sabrina here
If you would like to read a piece or if you would like to help promote and organize this event message Smitty.