These list encompass work and ideas from previous PortlandWiki Meetup Notes. We welcome help on getting them done :-)
- On-going work
- Matthew will try to determine how to move the css from the bottom to the top of the page to recognize who worked on a page.
- Matthew and Kotra are working to create a bolder search bar.
- Group will develop a proposal to create more structure for these meet-ups that will allow for open discussion, focused planning and decision-making, and collaborative online work.
- Other work to do
- Mark suggested we have a PW flyer to put out at events; maybe print more stickers, smaller ones.
- Matthew and Mark discussed getting two-sided PW business cards (Vistaprint?), perhaps one side with the PW website then space to write in the name of a page when we discuss the site with someone.
- Julie reminded us that we still need to create badges for PW to acknowledge the work of contributors.
- Matthew suggested we consider getting durable, acrylic press badges.
- Ask dave myers or Kotra to help with canonical url--some pages on the site are listed 4x, per MarkDilley. Hey Mark, If someone wants to do the research on this, I'll be happy to make the recommended changes where possible. The issue you're raising (if I understand you correctly) is one I've noticed happening with a number of CMS packages. When I looked into this a few years ago, I think I may have come across some Google Webmaster tools that might be useful, but can't remember any of the specifics... - Dave, 18:53, 8 August 2011 (UTC)
- Sylvia suggests we review the Meta Settings on all pages to confirm text exists for Title Alias, Keywords, and Description.
- Dave Myers' admin notes
Below is a list of wiki pages containing ongoing admin links I've collected over the past few months. Included are a few sparse notes I've kept while researching components to install or looking for ideas on making both PortlandWiki and wikis in general more functional. Of particular interest, in terms of building a more user-friendly wiki, are many of the Semantic MediaWiki extensions, especially Semantic Forms. Goal is to incorporate these research notes into a more usable admin guide. In the meantime, here are the raw notes:
- User:Dave/Admin Notes
- Currently installed on PortlandWiki. (Hint, the entire suite of Semantic Bundle extensions, including Semantic Forms is already installed.)
-- dave myers | 00:12, 8 August 2011 (UTC)