Mill End Park
Mill End Park is touted as the world's smallest park. It is located in the concrete median of Naito Parkway nearest SW Taylor Street.
The park was first created by Dick Fagan on St. Patrick’s Day, 1948 by taking advantage of a hole in the ground that was meant for a light pole that never got installed. Fagan wrote about the park in the now defunct Oregon Journal for the next two decades. The park was home to Leprechauns and citizens would periodically add items to the park for their use. These include miniature couches, TVs and reportedly a ferris wheel once.
Mill Ends Park officially entered the City of Portland’s park inventory in 1976 and has been taken care of since then by the City. It still plays host to many events, both full sized and miniaturized.