Latest revision as of 16:51, 30 September 2014
Know Your Rights!
- Date: Sun Dec 18
- Time: 1:00pm until 3:00pm
- Location: 1432 SW 13th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97201
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!
- There are TWO scheduled workshop dates
The date set on this event page is for the FIRST WORKSHOP. It will be changed to the SECOND WORKSHOP when the first one is completed.
- Sunday, December 18th from 1:00PM to 3:00PM
- St Stephen's Episcopal Church, Parish Hall
- 1432 SW 13th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97201
- (Cross Street is SW Clay, enter on SW 13th)
- Phone: (503) 223-6424
- Thursday, December 29th from 6:30PM to 8:30PM
- SEIU Hall
- 6401 SE Foster Rd, Portland, Oregon 97206
- Phone: (503) 235-5071
- These are free workshops led by volunteers from the National Lawyer’s Guild (donations welcome, no one turned away).
- civil disobedience/protesters
- homeless folks
- those who may be racially profiled
- anyone wanting / needing to know more about their rights.
We hope to be able to touch on some of the facts and impacts of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) in addition to the basic "Know Your Rights" info.
- BACKGROUND INFO
- National Laywer's Guild info on "Know Your Rights"
- The National Lawyer's Guild "A Know Your Rights Guide for Law Enforcement Encounters" Pamphlet
- ACLU info on "Know Your Rights Basic" with related document links
- ACLU guide on "When Encountering Law Enforcement" in English