Occupy Portland: Year-End Fiscal Analysis Meeting
- Date: Wednesday, Dec 28
- Time: 1:00pm until 3:00pm
- Location: Central Library 522 SW 5th Ave Ste 1103, Portland, OR 97204-2128
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- We will be meeting to discuss, in details, the services that Occupy Portland was providing to the public in lieu of the city prior to the forceful eviction we faced from city officials and the Portland Police Department.
Ideally, we would like to have ONE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE spoke person from each cluster who can speak in detail of the services that were being provided while the protest sites were still operational, from the first day of the occupation (October 6th, 2011) to the last day (November 13th, 2011). This person should know or be able to seek out the information from affiliated members of the cluster.
- As you all know, the city has thrown the alleged cost of the "damage" done to the park to Occupy Portland, totaling at $85,000. With further allegation claiming that Occupy Portland costed taxpayer's money up to 1.5 million dollar.
- WHEN AND WHERE
- Central Library, December 28th, 2011 from 1:00PM to 3:00PM
- ACCOUNTABILITY REQUEST
We demand to see in detail, a written documentation from the city citing:
- the exact cost of the "damages" done, in details, with the name and title of the person(s) doing the inspection, including the date of the inspection to highlight the contrast of its conditions prior to October 6th, 2011 and after.
- where the cost estimate number came from for each item/service, with references to each claim.
- including proofs of Occupiers allegedly doing the specific damage for each claim listed, backed up with evidence.
- BACKGROUND INFO
- Occupy Cost claim from Raw Story: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/10/liberal-portland-mayor-emerges-as-occupy-critic/
- Allege Cost to Parks from OregonLive
- Dan Forner of Parks and Recreation