Occupy Portland Labor Outreach Committee
|Occupy Portland Labor Outreach Committee is a content mirror. Please make all primary edits to its source document. You may also make editorial suggestions on the Occupy Portland Labor Outreach Committee talk page.|
The purpose of the Labor Outreach Committee is to facilitate communication and relationship building between labor and Occupy Portland. Labor and Unions are an essential part of the Occupy Movement and it is the goal of the Labor Outreach Committee to make sure that they are included as much as possible.
The Labor Outreach Committee will be run by a group of experienced individuals who are well spoken and empathetic and will be able to attend as many Union meetings as possible with the thesis of gaining support from the union. Members of the Committee will attend weekly meetings to “touch bases” about further actions and developments about the Union and Labor Community.
The current goal of the Labor Outreach Committee is to achieve a symbiotic relationship between Labor and Occupy. Where Occupy is providing the resources to fight selective battles for Labor and the Unions, and they are in turn providing support in various ways they see possible.
The end goal of the Labor Liaison Committee is to be inter-connected to all Unions throughout the country and be able to provide the Union support that other smaller Occupations desire or need.
Labor Support of Occupy Portland
- Laborers’ Local 483 Unites with Occupy Portland
- National Association of Letter Carriers Branch 82 Supports Occupy Portland
- Working America in Oregon is Proud to Endorse Occupy Portland
- Painters Local 10 Stands in Support of Occupy Portland
- United Association Local 290 Plumbers and Steamfitters Stands in Support of the Occupy Wall Street Demonstrations
- America Wants to Work Action Plan
- The Jobs Crisis: What Did Roosevelt Do That Obama Should?
- Put 15 Million Back to Work Fixing $2.2 Trillion in Infrastructure: Resurrect the Works Progress Administration