View full version
Add your photo creativity to the semantic web.
- Join PortlandWiki.org in its first annual Photo Contest!
- * Saturday, June 4th, 2011, from 9am-5pm.
- * Photos qualifying for contest prizes must be taken between 9am-5pm on June 4th and must be uploaded by 12:01am Monday, June 6th.
- We will scour the city of Portland to capture photographically the latest and greatest it has to offer. From pictures of streets, to favorite local cocktails, help us show what our city can do. At the end of the day, we'll get together for a drink and photo stories, location TBA.
- We'll kick start this event Saturday, June 4th with a 10am-10:30am meet up at The Mezz coffee shop, NW Burnside/12th (inside Whole Foods). We'll pass out PortlandWiki.org press badges and share details about photo uploading and prizes.
- Anyone is welcome to participate! PortlandWiki participants who live in or near Portland are welcome to contribute their amateur or professional talent. Anyone with a cellphone or camera can take a photo to share. Together, there are no limits to how many photos and topics we can generate! Minors should have permission from a parent or guardian to participate. (FYI: The scavenger hunt idea has been scrapped.)
- Register as a competitor and upload a photo. Participating photos will be credited to you, and also be used to make a better wiki page. It will add value to the local wiki, and also visibility for your creativity.
"Let's make the web be more local. Let's keep Portland Wiki!
- Contest winners will receive downloadable winner badges for bragging rights on your blog, Facebook page or Twitter profile! Plus a PortlandWiki.org front page banner and a standing ovation video of your "best of show" work! Yeah, baby! Award announcements will take place at WikiWednesday on June 8th at 6:30pm, location TBA.
- The Portland Wiki Photo Contest is a one day event for contributors and visitors of PortlandWiki.org, to take snapshots and photographs that can be used as support imagery for a page or topic on the wiki. The goal is to inspire civic activism and artistic expression by challenging participants to capture personal and/or original photography for use at PortlandWiki. Due to the size and depth of knowledge that this wiki strives to fill, there is always a need for image and photographic support PortlandWiki's vibrancy and unique contributions!
HOW TO GET STARTED ON PORTLANDWIKI NOW
- Check out some of the pages on PortlandWiki for ideas and topics that could use some photo or imagery links. We also encourage you to add existing information or start a new wiki page on a topic of your choosing. It's easy to do and we're here to help! You can create a login account or you can anonymously add and edit content to the site. To upload images to PortlandWiki, you will need to login as a contributor.