Welcome to PortlandWiki. The community-powered knowledge commons for Portland, Oregon.
Overview Searching Editing Help
PortlandWiki is a collaborative community information resource for Portland, Oregon that is powered by you! The PortlandWiki community welcomes your creative input.
PortlandWiki's aims to represent the Voice of Portland by providing a citizen-generated news and information resource, knowledge hub and historical archive for Portland, Oregon and our surrounding region.
- Introduction - Learn more about PortlandWiki and how you can contribute!
- Wiki Page Basics - Quick tips on writing a basic PortlandWiki page.
- To do - stumped on what to do? Check out our to do list for open activities, big and small.
- Community Portal - Where we discuss what is needed to make PortlandWiki succeed.
- PortlandWiki Policies - Best practices to follow when adding content.
- Administrators - Names of some of PortlandWiki's more active admins, what they do, and how to contact PortlandWiki.
- Article ideas - Suggest an article topic, or find an article to start building!
- Add Content Here! - Help PortlandWiki flesh out skimpy articles crying out for your content contributions.
Tell us how you found out about PortlandWiki!
| You're invited to the PortlandWiki Barnraising event!
PortlandWiki's Barnraising event is where you help decide which improvements to PortlandWiki are most urgently needed, and then help make them. Share what you know about Portland as we build a community wiki for this great town! Refreshments happily provided.
- Where: Portland Central Library, downtown
- When: Saturday March 5, 2pm - 5pm
Keep checking this space, details will be posted as soon as we get them! Event planning is here on the wiki and open to all to view and edit, at PortlandWiki:Barnraising!
Places to go near Portland
Things to see in Portland
- Green industry - In Portland it's easy being green.
- Huber's Café - For Portland's oldest restaurant, every day is Thanksgiving.
- Swifts - A stunning aerial performance visible any September evening in Northwest Portland.
- Personal Telco - Portland's answer (so far) to "Internet as public utility."
- Yellow Bike Project - (Pictured here in black 'n' white.) A community cycling "first."
- Charles Olds - Olds shot a man "just to watch him ...uh... succumb from injuries suffered as a result of an act of manslaughter."
- CivicApps - An open data / open source project sponsored by several Portland-area government agencies.
- Portlandia - The second largest hammered copper statue in America! (The largest is the Statue of Liberty.)
- East 82nd Avenue - A major North-South arterial on Portland's Eastside. Gateway to Felony Flats.
Go to news archive >>>