Welcome to PortlandWiki. The community-powered knowledge commons for Portland, Oregon.
Overview Searching Editing Help
PortlandWiki is a collaborative community information resource for Portland, Oregon that is powered by you! The PortlandWiki community welcomes your creative input.
PortlandWiki's aims to represent the Voice of Portland by providing a citizen-generated news and information resource, knowledge hub and historical archive for Portland, Oregon and our surrounding region.
- Introduction - Learn more about PortlandWiki and how you can contribute!
- Wiki Page Basics - Quick tips on writing a basic PortlandWiki page.
- To do - stumped on what to do? Check out our to do list for open activities, big and small.
- Community Portal - Where we discuss what is needed to make PortlandWiki succeed.
- PortlandWiki Policies - Best practices to follow when adding content.
- Administrators - Names of some of PortlandWiki's more active admins, what they do, and how to contact PortlandWiki.
- Article ideas - Suggest an article topic, or find an article to start building!
- Add Content Here! - Help PortlandWiki flesh out skimpy articles crying out for your content contributions.
Tell us how you found out about PortlandWiki!
Places to go near Portland
Things to see in Portland
- Green industry - In Portland it's easy being green.
- Huber's Café - For Portland's oldest restaurant, every day is Thanksgiving.
- Horse rings - The small brass rings attached to curbs don't tether horses anymore... unless they're small plastic ones.
- Personal Telco - Portland's answer (so far) to "Internet as public utility."
- Yellow Bike Project - (Pictured here in black 'n' white.) A community cycling "first."
- Charles Olds - Olds shot a man "just to watch him ...uh... succumb from injuries suffered as a result of an act of manslaughter."
- CivicApps - An open data / open source project sponsored by several Portland-area government agencies.
- Portlandia - The second largest hammered copper statue in America! (The largest is the Statue of Liberty.)
- East 82nd Avenue - A major North-South arterial on Portland's Eastside. Gateway to Felony Flats.
- Rally For Peace - Fantasize stopping wars with Sunday marches, impotent slogans, and a gaggle of cosponsors 'n' endorsers.
Go to news archive >>>