Weekly Wiki Workouts are PortlandWiki's weekly "edit party" meetups. The idea is to give PortlandWiki's contributors a chance to get together in a physical location to discuss new or ongoing projects, contribute content to PortlandWiki, and have fun.
Expanding Meetup Options
Since PortlandWiki's inception a small group of PortlandWiki administrators and other interested people have gathered each Monday in a meetup we've called our "Monday Meets." As PortlandWiki continues to expand and bring in new contributors, it's become apparent that also expanding meetup options is an increasingly good idea. We've also recognized that adding additional venues is also necessary.
- Mark Dilley, one of the most frequent attendees, can no longer meet on Mondays.
- Blitz Pearl is no longer an ideal venue, due to a number of factors.
- We may want to sometimes meet on the East side, for the convenience of eastsiders.
- We may be missing other people who cannot attend on Mondays.
Below are some meetup names put here for your consideration, rejection and suggested alternatives. Obviously some of these are not serious. Some of us get a little carried away.
- Monday Meets (This is an already established weekly meetup name, but you can suggest alternatives if you like.)
- Tuesday Twaddlers
- Tuesday Talks
- Wednesday Warblers
- Wednesday Workshops
- Wednesday Workouts
- Thursday Thuggz
- Thursday Things
- Friday Fiddlers
- FrankenWiki Fridays
- Saturday Suckers
- Saturday Sessions
- Rocco's Pizza (SW 10th Avenue & SW Oak Street)
- Ringlers Annex (SW 13th Avenue & SW Stark Street)
- Powell's Technical Books (New location at NW 10th Avenue and NW Couch Street.)
- Red and Black Cafe (SE Oak Street & SE 12th Avenue)
- Beulahland (NE 28th Avenue & NE Couch Street) (Allow minors?)
- Lucky Labrador (SE Hawthorne Boulevard, between SE 9th Avenue & SE 10th Avenue) (Allow minors?)
- Laurelthirst Pub (NE Glisan Street & NE 30th Avenue) (Allow minors?)
- free wifi
- quiet enough to hold conversations
- ability to find a table or two (not too crowded)
- food options or ability to bring in food
- no blaring tv
- close in
- minors able to get in
- wheelchair accessible