PortlandWiki's weekly "edit parties" are free, open to everyone, and casual. They're a great chance to meet the diverse group of people who edit PortlandWiki and experience the fun of collaborating in person on a wiki. There are always friendly wiki experts willing to lend a hand and answer questions. Participation is casual, you can pick a topic to write about if you want, or you can just chat with some wiki geeks over some food and drinks.
Latest Breaking News
PortlandWiki admins, contributors, sympathizers and other fellow travelers currently meet TWICE a week!
Every Monday and Wednesday at about 6:30ish to 9:00ish. It's casual.
- See PortlandWiki's Monday Meetups page for details.
- See the WikiWednesday page for details on PortlandWiki's Wednesday meetups.
- Monday Meetups are usually at Powell's Technical Books. Get details on the Monday Meetups page.
- PortlandWiki meetups during WikiWednesday are usually at The Mezz. Get details on the WikiWednesday page.
At Powell's Technical Bookstore just look for us at one of the little tables near the store's entrance.
At The Mezz, look for a group of geeky-looking folks with laptops. (Sometimes there's lots to choose from!) For folks who don't recognize the "regulars," we don't yet have a great way for you to find us but we're usually at a table near the electrical outlets. Just ask if we're here for PortlandWiki!
Can't Make the Meetings?
If the days or times don't work out for you but you're curious about meeting work and discussions, check out Meetup Notes.
Expanding Meetup Options
If PortlandWiki's current meetup days don't work for your schedule, consider starting your own PortlandWiki meetup on a different day or time. Feel free to post your PortlandWiki meetup schedule here or start a new page!
Since PortlandWiki's inception a small group of PortlandWiki administrators and other interested people have gathered each Monday in a meetup we've called our "Monday Meets." As PortlandWiki continues to expand and bring in new contributors, it's become apparent that also expanding meetup options is an increasingly good idea. We've also recognized that adding additional venues is also necessary.
- Mark Dilley, one of the most frequent attendees, can no longer meet on Mondays.
- Business at Blitz Pearl growing, which is good for the folks running Blitz, but means louder and more "sporty" television background noise.
- We may want to sometimes meet on the East side, for the convenience of eastsiders.
- We may be missing other people who cannot attend on Mondays.
Below are some meetup names put here for your consideration, rejection and suggested alternatives. Obviously some of these are not serious. Some of us get a little carried away.
- Monday Meets (This is an already established weekly meetup name, but you can suggest alternatives if you like.)
- Tuesday Twaddlers
- Tuesday Talks
- Thursday Thuggz
- Thursday Things
- Friday Fiddlers
- FrankenWiki Fridays
- Saturday Sessions
- Saturday Meetups
Meetup Venues & Aspiring Meetup Venues
- The MEZZ on the 2nd floor mezzanine inside Whole Foods Market in the Pearl. (NW 12th Avenue & West Burnside Street)
- Rocco's Pizza (SW 10th Avenue & SW Oak Street)
- Ringlers Annex (SW 13th Avenue & SW Stark Street)
- Powell's Technical Books (New location at NW 10th Avenue and NW Couch Street.)
- Red and Black Cafe (SE Oak Street & SE 12th Avenue) - wifi sketchy
- Beulahland (NE 28th Avenue & NE Couch Street) (Allow minors?)
- Lucky Labrador (SE Hawthorne Boulevard, between SE 9th Avenue & SE 10th Avenue) (Allow minors?)
- Laurelthirst Pub (NE Glisan Street & NE 30th Avenue) (Allow minors?)
- free wifi
- quiet enough to hold conversations
- ability to find a table or two (not too crowded)
- food options or ability to bring in food
- no blaring tv
- close in
- minors able to get in
- wheelchair accessible
- parking available