The Portland Hotel (also referred to as the Hotel Portland) was a eight-story hotel that existed where Pioneer Courthouse Square is now. The construction of the hotel first started under Henry Villard in the 1870s, but work on it was halted when Villard's fortunes crashed. Before the hotel finally opened in 1889, the two-story construction site was often referred to as "Villard's folly" or "Villard's ruins". In the late 19th century and the early 20th century, the Portland Hotel was the hotel of choice for visiting dignitaries and the well-off.
The hotel was demolished in 1951 in order to make way for a two-story parking garage for Meier & Frank.