This page focuses on Dave's list of social media resources for MediaWiki, and SocialProfile-related stuff.
Social Media Resources
- With this extension installed, users can log in with their Facebook accounts and access other features enabled by this extension.
Chat / IM
- The chat widget extensions category contains articles on extensions that embed widgets into wiki articles. The widgets provide access to chat services.
- The chat extensions category contains subcategories and articles on extensions that enable communication with chat servers either by providing access to chat windows or by sending notifications of changes to chat services.
- Once the extension is installed, a 'chat' tab will appear on every article. Clicking on the chat tab will switch to an embedded chatroom for the article.
- The WebChat extension adds a special page used to chat in real time with other wiki users using a web-based IRC client. Once installed, it will be available via Special:WebChat.
- The IM Status extension provides buttons to show online status of the user in various IM clients (AIM, Google Talk, ICQ, MSN/Live Messenger, Skype, Xfire and Yahoo).
- The personalization extensions category contains articles on extensions that alter or extend a users ability to personalize their MediaWiki experience.
- The idea for this extension is to "reward people contributing to an online community. In an online community social rewarding is in the majority of cases based on accentuation of the most active members."
- SocialProfile provides a profile page to each of the wiki's account holders. It displays friendships with other users, basic profile information, and any public messages received.
- PortlandWiki contributor Mark Dilley brought this extension to our attention. As of 15:49, 5 September 2011 (UTC) this extension is still under development.
- Project Summary (at Zhenya's user page): The aim of the project is to create a UserStatus module for the SocialProfile extension at MediaWiki. This module will allow MediaWiki users to write short "status updates" on user profile pages. It will allow Wiki users to share their thoughts, ideas or just the facts of their life. The project will have a history of UserStatuses and will allow everyone of just the user itself (depending on the settings) to look through it.
- Google Docs page: 
Extension:Semantic Social Profile
- Semantic Social Profile is an extension that represents social information of SocialProfile extension as semantic annotations that are stored on a user’s userpage. Thus, the extension automatically adjusts user profile data for querying with Semantic MediaWiki tools and other tools that work with semantic data on Mediawiki. Moreover, the social data is associated with well-known Semantic Web vocabularies (foaf, bio, cv) that allows you to use wiki as a foaf-editor.
- Semantic Social Profile relies heavily on the following extensions:
- - Semantic MediaWiki
- - SocialProfile
- - Semantic Forms
- - Parser function extensions | Extension:ParserFunctions
- Semantic Social Profile extension for MediaWiki integrates users' social profiles with the Semantic Web
- Abstract. Semantic MediaWiki proved its effectiveness as a platform for creating semantically connected hypertexts. Unfortunately, in most wiki engines, information about contributors (wiki authors) remains in shadow for human observers and is not available for program agents. Semantic Social Profile proof of concept introduces a flexible way of integration (sic) the social features of MediaWiki and Semantic MediaWiki annotations. In the paper we describe the extension development process and some of the use cases that will become possible with it.
Semantic Social Profile: Issues
The image to the right shows a PortlandWiki user account that had some of the data associated with it publicly unveiled after installing an early version of Extension:Semantic Social Profile.
The Kotra's sock user account (shown) is one of the sock puppet accounts used by a prominent PortlandWiki sysop.
Like many of the other user pages that had data exposed after SSP was installed, the user page for Kotra's sock was created for the first time upon SSP's installation.
The thumbnail shown on the right side of the user account image is the SocialProfile avatar for PortlandWiki's user one account. But this is this avatar image the link shown under "Facts about Kotra's sock" for the SSP avatar resolves to. (Before taking the screen grab, however, we changed the email address to protect the puppet.)
Current Social Profile "Level Up" Hierarchy for PortlandWiki Contributors
|Emperor of Dorkdom
- ↑ Extension:SocialProfile
- ↑ Extension:Semantic Social Profile#Description
Admin Notes (Order of Reverse Chronology)