Social Profile Extensions
- SocialProfile provides a profile page to each of the wiki's account holders. It displays friendships with other users, basic profile information, and any public messages received.
- Semantic Social Profile is an extension that represents social information of SocialProfile extension as semantic annotations that are stored on a user’s userpage. Thus, the extension automatically adjusts user profile data for querying with Semantic MediaWiki tools and other tools that work with semantic data on Mediawiki. Moreover, the social data is associated with well-known Semantic Web vocabularies (foaf, bio, cv) that allows you to use wiki as a foaf-editor.
- Semantic Social Profile relies heavily on the following extensions:
- - Semantic MediaWiki
- - SocialProfile
- - Semantic Forms
- - Parser function extensions | Extension:ParserFunctions
- semantic-social-profile (Google Code)
- Semantic Social Profile extension for MediaWiki integrates users' social profiles with the Semantic Web
- Abstract. Semantic MediaWiki proved its effectiveness as a platform for creating semantically connected hypertexts. Unfortunately, in most wiki engines, information about contributors (wiki authors) remains in shadow for human observers and is not available for program agents. Semantic Social Profile proof of concept introduces a flexible way of integration (sic) the social features of MediaWiki and Semantic MediaWiki annotations. In the paper we describe the extension development process and some of the use cases that will become possible with it.
Semantic Social Profile: Issues
The thumbnail shown on the right side of the user account image is the SocialProfile avatar for PortlandWiki's user one account. But this is this avatar image the link shown under "Facts about Kotra's sock" for the SSP avatar resolves to. (Before taking the screen grab, however, we changed the email address to protect the puppet.)
Other Social Media Resources
- Extension:Facebook (Facebook Connect)
- With this extension installed, users can log in with their Facebook accounts and access other features enabled by this extension.
- The idea for this extension is to "reward people contributing to an online community. In an online community social rewarding is in the majority of cases based on accentuation of the most active members."
Current Social Profile "Level Up" Hierarchy for PortlandWiki Contributors
|Emperor of Dorkdom||800000|
Admin Notes (Order of Reverse Chronology)
- Saturday, 13 August 2011: Commented out
LocalSettings.phpreference to Extension:Semantic Social Profile until various data management issues are addressed.
- Saturday, 30 July 2011: Installed Extension:Semantic Social Profile.
- Saturday, 30 July 2011: Updated PortlandWiki to SocialProfile (Version 1.5) -- Code Review - SocialProfile-trunk-r93549.