Hi Khris, and welcome to PortlandWiki! I like what you've done so far, and List of Portland's Mayors is a great addition. I hope you stick around while the wiki is still rough around the edges. If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to drop me a note on my talk page.
By the way, you can sign your comments by adding four tildes ~~~~. This automatically signs with links to your user page, user talk page (this page we're at right now), and the date and time you commented. You can customize your signature in your preferences if you wish. My signature (which is uncustomized) looks something like this: -kotra (talk) 22:13, 25 December 2009 (UTC)
- (reply to your comment on my talk page) Excellent! Stuff that's too specific for Wikipedia is exactly what we want here. Historical content is a good idea. I noticed there was nowhere on the main page linking to history, so I put something there (Portland history), which in turn links to your list. Feel free to totally rewrite what I put there of course, it's just a temporary thing. Sounds great that you might be coming to the Wiki Wednesday! They're usually fairly fun and casual. -kotra (talk) 19:38, 26 December 2009 (UTC)
As per your request, I've deleted Vernon neighborhood. If you have any other pages you want deleted just leave me a note on my talk page. By the way, thanks for all your amazing work on the wiki lately! -kotra (talk) 01:50, 22 June 2010 (UTC)
Thanks, Kotra! I'm trying to cut down on the dead-end links a bit, and get a bit of an infrastructure of categories for streets and neighborhoods. It's fun stuff during the slow periods at my work! :) Khris.soden (talk) 15:42, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
I noticed that you have an interest in the 1903 Olmsted plan for Portland Parks. This is also a major interest of mine, I was involved in a public process around the central parks maintenance facility a couple years ago. Your note prodded me to start a project I've been meaning to do for a long time: put a properly wikified version of the plan on Wikisource. I started today (just OCR and basic section formatting so far) -- have a look if you get the chance, and feel free to pitch in if you like! Lots of formatting and spelling errors to fix.  -Peteforsyth (talk) 20:26, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
- Also, here is one of my favorite Portland historic figures: George W. Joseph -- wonder if you happen to have any info about him? I wasn't able to turn up too much in my research, though I did learn that his son did his thesis about him at Reed College; haven't managed to look it up yet, though. -Peteforsyth (talk) 00:26, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
- try loggin in and see - sweet!
Hey Khris! Wanted to drop by to say "thanks" for all your contributions to PortlandWiki. Do you think you might have a chance to drop into one of our weekly meetups at some point? Right now I think you're this wiki's most prolific contributor and it'd be great to meet you. Take care! - WikiMaster (talk) 10:48, 10 September 2010 (PDT)
- Congratulations Khris! At least one other PortlandWiki person is a newlywed too! Look forward to seeing you soon at one of our upcoming meetups. - WikiMaster (talk) 05:41, 28 September 2010 (PDT)
"Neighborhood" in neighborhood article titles
Hi Khris! Thanks again for all your great neighborhood articles. Dave and I were noticing at today's meetup that some of the neighborhoods have the word "neighborhood" in the title and some of them don't. We were thinking of standardizing all of them and were wondering what you thought? Personally I'm thinking leaving "neighborhood" out of the title is more concise and is still recognizable as a neighborhood in most cases (and if not, they should figure it out when they start reading). We can keep the neighborhood category on all these articles and set up redirects from the existing "neighborhood"-including titles so they'll still be easy to find. Since you started a lot of these articles I was wondering if you had an opinion before I went ahead and started moving them? Thanks for any input! -kotra (talk) 20:30, 4 October 2010 (PDT)
- I say "Go for it!" I haven't been posting lately, but I'm a big fan of streets and neighborhoods being their own categories, and the name itself without the "neighborhood" addition in the title makes sense. One thing I would note is that in a few instances the neighborhood is named after something else, in which case I did specifically call it "* neighborhood" for a reason; the example that comes to mind is "Mount Tabor neighborhood" versus "Mount Tabor". Possibly these pages would be better served by "Mount Tabor (neighborhood)"? Thanks for asking me, in any case - I plan on coming up to a meet-up soon, I was going to come to the last one, but forgot my computer!
- That's a good point about Mount Tabor, I was wondering if there were any like that! My inclination is to use "Mount Tabor (neighborhood)" since it's a common wiki convention. But if you prefer the former we can use that. Either way is fine to me.
- Would be great to see you at a meetup! Maybe you can help us decide on where to have next week's? Normally it would be at Blitz Pearl but we've been having issues with it. A couple places we are considering are listed at PortlandWiki:Weekly_Wiki_Workouts#Meetup_Venues. -kotra (talk) 16:47, 6 October 2010 (PDT)
- I agree with you that the parenthetical neighborhood would be better. Is there a meet-up tonight then? I might be around. Khris.soden (talk) 12:03, 11 October 2010 (PDT)