$wgAllowExternalImagesFrom = 'http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/';
Formatting multiple items
Old news organizing
Thanks Mark! You can't believe how long I've been procrastinating on doing that task. :-)
need support for PDX11 finance wiki
I volunteered to help create a wiki for the PDX11-Finance Network group for community support of Software business development. (BTW- Ted Earnest will be tapped by city | PDC for some stuff on their side around community economic development, per Skip Newberry.)
Anyway, tonight at wiki Wednesday, I have about a half hour I can be there. I want to create a list of desired attributes in a wiki I can send to the group for them to describe their desires of use and content. My intention is that from their response, I can find some wiki types that fit, and begin making the wiki.
Also, I am sure as a new wiki administrator, there are a few tips and tricks that I should know about stepping into the role that might be available.
I don't have much time to time ruminate and explore. I need to bring something close to finished to the table in a month or three weeks, so am hoping for a fast shot from someone who that knows business-world community for wiki constraints.
If you will be at Ace, I will be there, but can't stay long. Which will be a blessing because we would cover ground fast ;-)
Calendar Extension For News
Hey Mark! Saw that you're experimenting around with the calendar extension. Your idea of looking at using it for the news blurbs, as well as events, is a good one. I haven't had the chance to look at different configuration options too carefully. What would be nice is if we could:
- config titles (so that the ugly-looking Mycalendar 2011 3 19 changes to something like Saturday | March 19, 2011 or anything else that's more useful than the default)
- set up blurb feeds on the front page, as well as sending the full story to an appropriate page destination, maybe with a URL structure something like:
- Template:News/Archive/February 2011/Monday | February 28, 2011
What do you think? -Dave Myers
- In theory that sounds great. I see easiest being just adding a header for day and date in weird format - PortlandWiki Calendar 2011 3 19 - look forward to pairing on this with you. Best, MarkDilley
You might consider registering strikewiki.com and strikewiki.org if you can swing it (both of which were available when I checked earlier this morning). I would, but am too broke right now. They might come in handy as organizing tools in upcoming days, weeks or months.
Call it good or bad. Consider it a personal beef against not following through.
So you're the culprit! ;)
Hi Mark, I saw the tweet about fixing the "Front page layout disaster": http://twitter.com/#!/PortlandWiki/status/57128802895151105
Was that you? I would be glad to assist but what did you have in mind? It does look kind of chaotic and cluttered but what do you think would be ideal? Anyway thanks for trying to get the front page looking better, it's long overdue. -kotra (talk) 20:53, 10 April 2011 (UTC)
- Dave's an idiot: Sorry guys, when I sent out that tweet, I was joking about some of the changes to the front page I made. Meant to follow through with another tweet making that clearer. Forgot. Sorry! :-/ - Dave Myers 02:11, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
You dang butt! I hate you so much!!! >;(
okay, I want to think about this. it is a necessary and good thing. are they all over the place as I suspected?
Hi Mark, ever since about an hour ago we've been experiencing some inoperability of some functions of the wiki (for example, the feeds on the main page, and the points updating for profiles). Dave and I are investigating. Just a heads up in case you know of any reason why it might be occurring or if you notice Dave or me reverting IPs or doing other testing things without explanation. -kotra (talk) 21:17, 23 May 2011 (PDT)