Welcome to PortlandWiki, the community-powered city wiki for Portland, Oregon. PortlandWiki exists to empower citizens of Greater Portland to connect with each other, and to share knowledge and information relevant to our community. Welcome! -WikiMaster (talk) 10:24, 20 January 2011 (PST)
Nice to see you here Teresa! I hope you weren't waiting for me to create a page on Portland Stategic BroadBand Plan: Connecting Our Future, but what you have there looks great! -kotra (talk) 11:21, 20 January 2011 (PST)
Good to be here.
There are a couple of questions:
I am having trouble creating an external web link with the globe icon.
Is there more specific directions and code?
Also, I am not sure I am grasping the architecture and how to apply it.
There are several overarching topics that relate, each a category of it's own that I would think of as deserving a page.
For example, the PDX BB strategy is one topic. They are having a kick-off meeting, but there will be other information and activity around it in the future.
But also, there is the Resolution and how that developed from PDXPLAN and Portland Development Commission and other interacting factors that are also about the broadband, but pages in their own right.
Any place I can go to help understand how to sue the Portland wiki wiki-type most efficiently for community use?
Thanks a bunch!
- Hi PDXsays!
- Great questions.
- You've just pointed to something we PortlandWiki admins should bump up in priority: explaining how PortlandWiki's WYSIWYG page editing tools function, as well as putting together much better help resources for PortlandWiki contributors. Since all of us are volunteers, that might take a bit of time to fully evolve. In the meantime, you might take a peek of our (admittedly rough and rudimentary) Wiki Page Basics page, if you haven't done so already. It isn't much, but it does give you info on structuring a basic PortlandWiki page. You'll also find links to other wiki help resources there.
- Gotta say this, though: judging from the contributions you've made so far, you're doing great!!
- -WikiMaster (talk) 15:35, 20 January 2011 (PST)
- Also Teresa to address your specific issue, external links are constructed by inputting [ + the url + space + the text you want to link + ]. So, using the example text the globe icon creates, [http://www.example.com link title] could be formatted as [http://www.google.com Big Brother], which would result in the following link: Big Brother.
- Regarding creating new pages, we don't have hard-and-fast rules about how things should specifically be structured, so feel free to start any page you want that has a topic you think is worth exploring individually. My view is that the sky is the limit with PW and we have enough room for just about anything Portland-related! -kotra (talk) 18:22, 25 January 2011 (PST)
Need left aligned paragrah
I edited the main page, but there was some code there to left align, probably as TOC. Anyway, I wiped it out, and I need it for an image on the Theological Locations pgge. Before I add the pic for the Church of Elvis ;-)