Why Do Corporations Have More Rights Than You Do
- Date: 15 November 2011
- Time: 2 pm - 4 pm
- Location: TBD (was Occupy Portland Library Workshop)
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
Why do we fail at:
- Universal Health Care
- Renewable Energy Development
- Bold Climate Change Response
- End to Foreign Invasions
- Labor Rights in the Workplace
- Stopping Home Forclosures
- many, many more symptoms
The Occupy Movement has generated amazing energy. Yet the history of popular uprisings has shown us that we have to do something completely new.
Join the 140+ communities in six NE states that are building the Community Rights Movement.
They have passed local laws that end corporate "rights" & enshrine COMMUNITY RIGHTS!
Join with others to learn more about this exciting movement!
There may only be a brief window to convert street level momentum into organized rights-legislating movements in each of our local communities.