Difference between revisions of "Authors in Pubs"
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
: ''Monday, , 2013 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm (band @ 7:00)
Revision as of 09:22, 13 May 2013
Local Writers Reading Original Works
Authors in Pubs is a 'First Monday' event that brings local writers into a bar, restaurant, or wherever and allows them to share their work with the patrons. This helps boost the confidence of the writer by getting first hand feedback on his/her work. We started in September, 2011 and the crowd has steadily grown so that we recently moved to a larger venue. The show runs about two hours and we invite you to show up early and stay after to talk with the writers or possibly buy their book. If you would like to contribute at a future event, please contact me in advance about being added to our current stable of writers. thanks, Don
- The Jack London Bar : 21+, Full Bar, Full Menu
- 529 SW 4th Ave. ( beneath the Rialto Pool Room ) @ SW 4th & Alder
- Portland, Oregon. 97204
- Event is Free Donation Encouraged - One block to transit mall, Street Parking, Smart Park lot diagonally across the street
- Monday, June 3rd, 2013 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm (band @ 7:00)
- The May 6th show was wild. Some big Tri-Met SNAFU had me scrambling as authors arrived at crazy times. The reading were great and the band, The Consort Symbiotic played an extra long 'farwell' set. They are super busy with work and the 'other' band they play in. Thanks guys.
I'll post the June 3rd line-up soon. "Be Sure to Join Us."
- May 6th authors were-
- Melina Holl
- Todd Brabander
- Taylor Adell Patterson
- Jared Smith
- Jonathan Ems
- Terry McLean, w/band
- 'Featured Author', Shawna Reppert *Book Release Party*
- Guest Artist: Tara Williams
- Naga Nataka
- Peter Korchnak
- Sean Walter
- Cody Newton
- The Consort Symbiotic* is returning for the May 6th show
- Every 'First Monday' of the month Authors in Pubs will be presenting new authors to Portland. Join us.