Authors in Pubs
Local Writers Reading Original Works
Authors in Pubs is a 'First Monday' event that brings local writers into a bar, restaurant, or wherever and allows them to share their work with the patrons. This helps boost the confidence of the writer by getting first hand feedback on his/her work. We started in September, 2011 and the crowd has steadily grown so that we recently moved to a larger venue. The show runs about two hours and we invite you to show up early and stay after to talk with the writers or possibly buy their book. If you would like to contribute at a future event, please contact me in advance about being added to our current stable of writers. thanks, Don
- The Jack London Bar : 21+, Full Bar, Full Menu
- 529 SW 4th Ave. ( beneath the Rialto Pool Room ) @ SW 4th & Alder
- Portland, Oregon. 97204
- Event is Free - One block to transit mall, Street Parking, Smart Park lot diagonally across the street
- Monday, March 4th, 2013, From: 7:00pm - 9:30pm'
- Dale Plog - 'Special Tribute' (read roast of Don Van Kirk)
- Jonathan Ems - dad, actor, published author
- Teresa Jones - one martini, two olives please
- Sean Walter - emt, mildly insane
- Cody Newton - barista, journalist, Lego collector
- Jennifer Willis - published author, as seen on KGW TV
- Erik J. Romano - actor, musician, producer
- 'Featured Author' Published poet & Chicago native, Danny McKeever
- Short break, no leaving the building, unless you plan to return
- Guest Artist' Shelley Loring Fine Jewelry
- Steve Ryan - homework hitman
- Taylor Adell Patterson - poet, sailor
- Jared Smith - you will like this guy
- John Miller - snappy dresser
- The Consort Symbiotic* plays before the show and while some of the authors read. "Release The Ghriels"
- Every 'First Monday' of the month Authors in Pubs will be presenting new authors to Portland. Join us.