Museum of Contemporary Craft - Free!
- Date: First Thursday of every month
- Time: 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Location: Museum of Contemporary Craft 724 Northwest Davis St Portland, OR 97209
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- Museum of Contemporary Craft (MoCC) is a vibrant center for investigation and dialogue that helps expand the definition and exploration of craft.
The Exhibition Galleries, 4500 square feet on two floors, at any time feature multiple exhibitions that look to the present, future and past of craft through the focused viewpoint of today.
Along with featuring some of the leading contemporary national and international artists, exhibitions frequently draw from the rich archives of the MoCC collection, a public legacy of over 1000 objects that documents the active role of both the Museum and the Pacific Northwest in the evolution of craft over the last seven decades.
The Gallery represents craft artists from across the nation working in ceramics, glass, wood, metal, fiber and mixed media.
- Gallery artists routinely visit the Museum for public gallery talks and hands on demonstrations.