Latest revision as of 20:43, 28 December 2011
The 99% Teach In
- Date: Monday, November 14, 2011
- Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Location: Portland Building Auditorium 1120 Southwest 5th Avenue Portland, OR
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
The Dill Pickle Club proudly presents The 99%: A Teach-in on Occupy Portland. The forum will consist of short presentations to objectively bring together various perspectives on the current occupations movement. The event will focus on the economic, political and social factors that have led to the emergence of occupations throughout the country, and more specifically the movement’s impact on a localized level.
- Dr. Randall Bluffstone
- (Professor of Economics, Portland State University)
- (Filmmaker, Occupy Portland Video Collective)
Dr. Veronica Dujon
- (Professor of Sociology, Portland State University)
- (Organizer, Right2Survive)
- (Info Booth Volunteer, Occupy Portland)
- (Journalist, Portland Mercury)
This program was made possible in part by a grant from Oregon Humanities (OH), a statewide nonprofit organization and an independent affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, which funds OH’s grant program. The Dill Pickle Club also wishes to acknowledge a generous donation by Phil Wikelund in making this program possible.