- Date: Thu, January 12, 2012
- Time: 2pm – 5pm
- Location: Portland City Hall 1221 SW 4th Avenue Portland
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- The Portland City Council's "Upcoming Agenda Items" now lists the "War Dollars Home" resolution on the agenda for Thursday, January 12, at 2 PM.
Peace & Justice Works is coordinating the growing number of partner organizations to line up some heavy-hitting testimony to support this important call for ending the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan and redirecting this war-spending to creating much-needed jobs, rebuilding infrastructure and funding human needs here at home.
The City Council hearing will also include two other important resolutions from the Mayor's office:
- Ending to corporate personhood
The hearing is open to all and public testimony will be accepted at that hearing. The council is expected to vote during the hearing.
It will likely to be a very crowded meeting, with folks there to support (and oppose) one or another (or all) of these resolutions. Please think about coming out to this meeting to show your support, and come a bit early if you want to sign up to testify at the hearing.
Also, if you'd like to get some ideas for what you might say at the hearing, check out "How Do We End the War in Afghanistan?", a presentation by Matthew Hoh and Zaher Wahab from last June.
(You can view this video via Netflix instant view and is also available on YouTube.)
- For more information on the issues
War Dollars Home
End Corporate Personhood
Campaign Finance Reform