HUGE SEED SWAP!
- Date: Friday, February 17, 2012
- Time: 7:00pm until 9:00pm
- Location: TaborSpace 5441 SE Belmont Street, Portland, OR 97215
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
Let's get together and share seeds for the 2012 season! (See more event info @ http://bit.ly/AA2hh9 )
- For the seed swap to go well, please do the following
- Bring seeds! to offer into the swap. It's a seed swap, not a seed giveaway. While we'd like to focus primarily on vegetables, culinary herbs, medicinals and other "functional" species, seeds for ornamentals are cool too, if that's you're thing. Please make sure they're labeled as to species and variety. Please don't bring unknown seeds or seeds that are too old to germinate reliably.
- Bring containers to take seeds home in (small jars, empty seed packets, empty teabag envelopes, etc.)
That's about it! Some masking tape, markers, and other useful tools for labeling seeds will be provided, but feel free to bring your own too.
- TaborSpace cafe will be open for drinks and snacks.
- There are a few top-secret door prizes in the work, maybe you'll get lucky!
- Feel free to share widely. The more the merrier!
(Note: The way the seed exchange will work: ALL seeds will be placed out on tables, by category, and we will observe the honor system. If you have unopened packets of seed that you would like to share part of, please separate out what you want to keep prior to coming.