Occupier and Non-Occupier Town Hall
- Date: Saturday, December 3
- Time: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- Location: First Unitarian Church 1011 Southwest 13th Avenue Portland, OR
or return to the events page.
Invitation to Occupy Portland Town Hall
- “Is there life after eviction?”
Occupy Portland’s Vision & Strategy Committee invites you and members of your communities to join us for conversation, food, and networking. We want to provide a friendly setting for dialogue, to explore the varied views people have of Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Portland. As more and more camps are being dismantled, many wonder what might be next. We invite campers, supporters, curious bystanders, skeptics—from a wide range of our communities—arts, education, faith, business, services, advocacy groups, labor, government, etc.--to join us to pause and reflect on what we think OWS and OP have accomplished, and where the movement might be headed.
- Our hope is to follow this Town Hall with many more open discussions, to sustain the dialogue that has been started and to help shape of the movement’s future.
5:30 PM to 8:00 PM – Food & Beverages will start the evening
Trudy Cooper, Professional Facilitator specializing in Organizational Development, Mediation, Strategic Planning and Diversity Education will lead the large and small group dialogue and one to one informal conversation.
- Space is limited, please RSVP by Friday, December 2nd, 2011 to Owen Sanders, Ph. #503.459.6391 or email: email@example.com
We look forward to this opportunity to continue the conversation with you and others in our community!
Questions may include:
- What has worked?
- What is unique about OWS?
- What is unique about OP?
- How will the current displacement of the camp affect OP?
Those in attendance will be occupiers, supporters, and any other interested or curious people who would like to focus on these questions to continue our work, build on our strengths, and include more people from more of Portland.
Free, with the time divided between:
- facilitated large group discussion
- small group discussions,
- one to one informal conversation with food and drink available, and with
- access to information from various actions and projects now underway.