Occupy Mega March and Rally -- Immigrants' Rights are Workers' Rights!
- Date: Saturday, December 17, 2011
- Time: 10:00am until 1:00pm
- Location: South Park Blocks, SW Park and Salmon
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
D17- Somos el 99%
An Occupy endorsed event that aims to remove the legal and ethnic divisions that the 1% use to divide and conquer the 99%. We blame the recession on those who caused it, the most wealthy 1%.
Coinciding with the International Day of the Migrant, immigrants and allies will take to the streets in a permitted, family-friendly rally and march. This will be an opportunity to join with the Occupy movement, and send a strong message against the racist laws, policies and institutions that are systematically targeting immigrant communities, such as Secure Communities, E-verify, wage theft, free trade agreements and increased detentions and deportations.
We reject the scapegoating of immigrants in the same way we refuse to blame Muslims, the poor, public sector workers, women, and other victims of this recession.
The 1% want immigrants to have zero rights so that they are easily exploitable and can be paid slave wages, thus lowering the wages of all working people.
- We demand
- FULL RIGHTS FOR IMMIGRANTS. including the right to join unions
- END DEPORTATIONS. Stop separating families and ruining lives!
- JOBS FOR ALL