People Against Indefinite Detention: "Operation Blackout Day"
- Date: Tuesday, Jan 3
- Time: 6:00pm until 10:00pm
This January 3rd, 2012 will be our Fifth NDAA Protest March in unity with Operation Blackout.
- 6:00PM - Gather at Director's Park located between SW Yamhill and SW Taylor.
- 6:00PM - 7:00PM - Open forum and announcements.
Crucial information about the bills is presented. We will also clarify any questions at this time.
We will be marching around downtown in protest. Our route will typically cover Pioneer Square area, and may change depending on the number of participants.
This is an immediate call for a day of action in cooperation with Anonymous. Anonymous have long been an ally and inspiration for the movement.
Ongoing mutual protests:
- National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
- Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)
- Protect IP Act (PIPA)
The NDAA was officially passed into law by President Obama on December 31st, 2011:
- Huffington Article on Obama signing the NDAA
SOPA and PIPA are still in the process of being worked on by legislatures of congress.
- Please help us spread the message far and wide and join us on this day!
- Please bring your prepared signs
- Dress appropriately
- Preparing yourself mentally for the march, should any conflict arise
- Expect the unpredictable and be prepared with we have learned from past Occupy events, so that we can be responsible for our own actions.
- Thank you and see you all Tuesday evening at 6PM.
Operation Blackout Message from Anonymous via YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kCnS5yGUqQ