Right 2 Dream Too
Right 2 Survive has set up a rest area for the homeless Right 2 Dream Too (R2D2) at the corner of NW 4th Avenue and West Burnside Street on the vacant lot next to the Chinatown gate. The site officially opened on Monday, October 10th, 2011, on National Homeless Day. The organizers are extending an open invitation to the community to come down and celebrate National Homeless Day at their new camp.
- Local News
- The City of Portland has reached a deal to move homeless camp Right 2 Dream Too from Old Town to a property under the Broadway Bridge, says the camp's lawyer.
- Developer's plan for old hotel could force action as homeless group sues to block fines
- KBOO Wednesday Talk Radio: Portland's Right 2 Dream Too (Courtesy KBOO Radio's Lisa Loving.)
- PNCA student creates mobile houses for homeless, called 'Bootstrap Homes'
- “I woke up with this idea for modular housing, constructed by the people who lived in it that would work for people who had inadequate housing.”
- Other News
- Group builds tiny homes for local homeless (Local to Madison, Wisconsin.)
- "It'll be small. It'll be like living in a door room, but it's much better than living in a tent outside” Brenda Konkel with Occupy Madison
- Renee Miller was sexually propositioned by a staff member immediately upon arrival at a publicly-funded homeless shelter in Tallahassee, Florida, and that was just the beginning.
- Nonprofit Right 2 Dream Too sets up homeless camp in Old Town-Chinatown neighborhood
- Homeless activists say safety, stability the priority
- Another - Portland Occupation
- Right 2 Dream Too denied waiver by city
- Old Town Tent Refuge Appeals Code Violations
- R2D2 Update: R2D2 shelter encampment on Burnside facing new ordinance fines