Hunger Strike for Housing Justice
Former mayoral candidate, Cameron Whitten began a Hunger Strike for Housing Justice on Saturday, June 2, 2012 to protest fines imposed on the Right 2 Dream Too encampment for homeless people, and to raise awareness of the plight of homeless people in Portland.
On day 19 of his hunger strike, Whitten posted a "Dear Occupy" letter on Occupy Portland's Facebook page in which he called Right 2 Dream Too "a group of empowered, radical People that is practically the identical twin of Occupy Portland," and chided Occupy activists for what he felt was "a large lack of Solidarity."
- Cameron Whitten (Facebook page.)
- News Items
- Former Mayoral Candidate Announces Hunger Strike
- How's Cameron Whitten Doing on His Hunger Strike?
- Cameron Whitten gets support for hunger strike in solidarity event
- Cameron Whitten: Hunger Strike 4 Housing Justice (Video)