National Day of Action against Wells Fargo!
- Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2012
- Time: 12:00pm until 2:00pm
- Location: Standard Insurance Building 900 SW 5th Ave, Portland, OR
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- On November 17th, 9 members of PCASC were arrested for standing in opposition to Wells Fargo's investment in private prisons.
Wells Fargo invests in private prison company's GEO Group and Corrections Corporation of America (CCA). These companies fund the writing & passing of racist and oppressive laws which criminalize communities of color in order to fill their prisons for maximized profit.
- On January 24th we return to Wells Fargo to demand the divestment of stock in private prisons. It's a national day of action against Wells Fargo.
- Join us along with other community organizations as we stand against Wells Fargo's racist investments.
We'll be meeting at the Standard Insurance Building at 900 SW 5th Ave at 12pm til 2pm.
The National Prison Industry Divestment Campaign is working to expose the profiteering of Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) and the GEO Group, the biggest private prison companies in the US, who are making millions off the separation and incarceration of immigrants and communities of color at the expense of our tax dollars.
We are calling on all prison shareholders to divest from the prison industry.
- End the deportations and the raids!
- Abolish All Prisons!
- Legalization Now!