Difference between revisions of "Authors in Pubs"
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
: ''Monday, , 2013, From: 7:00pm - 9:30pm'
Revision as of 19:03, 18 January 2013
Local Writers Reading Original Works
Authors in Pubs is a 'First Monday' event that brings local writers into a bar, restaurant, or wherever and allows them to share their work with the patrons. This helps boost the confidence of the writer by getting first hand feedback on his/her work. We started in September, 2011 and the crowd has steadily grown so that we recently moved to a larger venue. The show runs about two hours and we invite you to show up early and stay after to talk with the writers or possibly buy their book. If you would like to contribute at a future event, please contact me in advance about being added to our current stable of writers. thanks, Don
- The Jack London Bar : 21+, Full Bar, Full Menu
- 529 SW 4th Ave. ( beneath the Rialto Pool Room ) @ SW 4th & Alder
- Portland, Oregon. 97204
- Event is Free - One block to transit mall, Street Parking, Smart Park lot diagonally across the street
- Monday, February 4th, 2013, From: 7:00pm - 9:30pm'
- last month we had:
- Shawna Reppert
- Grant Keltner
- Cody Newton
- John Miller
- Terry McLean
- Sean Walter
- 'Featured Author' Jennifer Willis
- Matt Schumacher
- Short break, no leaving the building
- Guest artist. Mr George Woodcock, with student Terry McLean
- Melina Holl
- Taylor Adell Patterson
- Erik J. Romano
- Matt Styner
- The Consort Symbiotic* plays before the show and while some of the authors read. "Release The Ghriels"
- Every 'First Monday' of the month Authors in Pubs will be presenting new authors to Portland. Join us.