OWS Reverend Billy visits Occupy Portland
- Date: Thursday and Friday, 12/08-12/09
Rev. Billy, NYC street performer and OWS participant, will be in Portland on Thursday and Friday, 12/08-12/09, as part of a 9-city Occupy tour bringing greetings from the other Occupy encampments. He
will be “preaching” his basic anti-corporate, anti-consumerism message at the Open Forum on Thursday evening at 7pm in Shemanski Park, and again on Friday at 6:45pm before the Spokes Council Meeting.
While he is in Portland he will be conducting a workshop, “How to Occupy PDX Streets with Political Theater”, at Lucky Labs, 915 Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard, on Thursday afternoon from 1pm – 3pm.
He will also tentatively appear from 4pm-6pm on Friday at the teach-in at PCC Cascade campus, “Everything you want to know about revolution but were afraid to ask“.
- There is no admission fee associated with any of his Portland appearances.
A 2007 documentary film by Morgan Spurlock, “What Would Jesus Buy?”, chronicled Rev. Billy’s cross-country tour with his “Earthalujah Choir” from NYC to Disneyland during the holiday season. He is traveling without the choir on this tour, but is bringing Rob VanAlkenmade, his friend and the cinematographer of “What Would Jesus Buy?”, who will be filming his appearances in Portland.
- See a clip of a recent appearance at OWS here
“What Would Jesus Buy?” is available for streaming from Netflix.
- Rev. Billy’s Schedule
- Thursday, 12/08/2011
- Rev. Billy will be staying at the 18th Avenue Peace House, 2116 NE Tillamook, Portland, OR 503-281-3697
- 1pm-3pm – Workshop: ”How to Occupy PDX Streets with Political Theater”
- 5pm – Open Forum – Shemanski Park
- Friday, 12/09/2011
- 9am – 4pm – Open and available
- 4pm – 6pm – (Tentative) Teach-In “Everything you want to know about revolution but were afraid to ask.”
Portland Community College Cascade Campus Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building (Auditorium room ) 705 N. Killingsworth St. Portland, OR 97217
- 6:45-7pm – Shemanski Park (Prior to the OP Spokes Council meeting at 7pm)
- For further information, contact
- Michael Colvin, 530-844-3838 (Area Code is correct)