"How We Won Health Care for All" - Vermont Workers Center speaks
- Date: Saturday, December 17, 2011
- Time: 1:00pm until 4:00pm
- Location: Portland Community College, Cascade Campus, Moriarty Arts & Humanities Auditorium, 705 N. Killingsworth, Portland, OR
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
Vermont's new Universal Health Care System presentation.
Last June, Vermont signed into law a plan to create a statewide, universal health care system. Now the spirit of Vermont is coming to Oregon! Come hear from Kate Kanelstein and Sarah Weintraub, two organizers with the Vermont Workers Center, whose three-year campaign convinced the Vermont legislature to declare health care is a human right. After their presentation, break-out groups will give local folks the chance to take part in the campaign for universal health care in Oregon.
$10 Suggested donation – no one turned away
- SPANISH INTERPRETATION / INTERPRETACIÓN EN ESPAÑOL
- Oregon Single Payer Campaign
- Center for Intercultural Organizing
- KBOO Community Radio
- Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon.
Info: (503) 236-5573, ext. 2, www.jwjpdx.org