The 99% Is Diverse and United March
- Date: 11/12/11
- Time: 12:00PM Rally / 2:00PM March
- Location: Waterfront park at SW Salmon st and SW Naito Pkwy
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
This is a march to Make all the minorities groups and cultures together and educate them about the Occupy Portland Movement. We are marching against economic inequality and exploitation of working people especially minorities.
- NOVEMBER 12 2011
- OCCUPY PORTLAND
- PRESENTS THE 99%
- IS DIVERSE AND UNITED
- THIS TIME WE WON'T LET THEM DIVIDE US
- THIS TIME WE WILL BE TOGETHER AND STRONGER THAN EVER
- EXPECT US
Location: Waterfront park at SW Salmon st and SW Naito Pkwy
Time: We’ll gather at 12:00 pm and we’ll march at 2:00 pm.
Here are some things we are going to be marching for:
- A better quality of life
- Health care for all
- Education reform and make the higher education accessible for all
- Distribute the world's wealth equally with all
- Put an end to wars and stop killing innocent people
- Stop once and for all, the divisions and any discrimination among people. No matter the social class, race, skin color, immigration status, age, sexual orientation, disability we are all human and we have the same rights
- Protect the environment of our planet in a more strict way because it is the only one we have and is dying.
- Create jobs in the country and stop sending them to other places
- To have more benefits in the jobs and with better conditions
For more updates go to occupypdx.org
STRENGTH IN DIVERSITY
POWER IN UNITY
We are workers. We are black. We are straight. We are Hispanic. We are men. We are White. We are gay. We are rich.
We are women. We are unemployed. We are Middle Eastern. We are poor. We are white. We are students.
We are people of faith. We are struggling. We are active. We are Asian. We are atheists.
We are everything in between. We are many.
WE ARE THE 99%
and WE ARE UNITED against the greed of Wall Street that has
damaged our economy,
destroyed our jobs,
forced foreclosure on our homes,
polluted our environment
and corrupted our democracy.
in support of education, health care and job opportunities for all
in support of justice and financial reform
Meet at Water front park at SW Salmon st and SW Naito Pkwy
Gather at 12PM and We March at 2PM
November 12, 2011
Facebook event page
[Occupy PDX more information]