O'Bryant Square is a public square bounded on the north by SW Stark, and on the east by SW Park, on the south by SW Washington, and on the east by SW 9th. The square is sometimes called "Paranoid Park" because of its notoriety as a drug-dealer hangout in the 1990s.
The site is the possible location where W.C. Overton and Asa Lovejoy agreed to found the town in November 1843. The property was donated in 1971 by Mr. and Mrs. William E. Roberts. O'Bryant Square is named in honor of Portland's first mayor, Hugh D. O'Bryant. The park was opened in 1973, and was the first Portland park to incorporate an underground parking garage. In 1976 the square received a national design award from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
 O'Bryant Square, Portland Parks and Recreation website.