Occupy the Holidays
- Date: Friday, November 25, 2011 thru Sunday, January 15, 2012
- Time: 12:00am - 12:00am
- Location: World Wide
or return to the events page.
Buy Nothing or Buy Local Day - 25 November 2011
Our numbers are growing. Through our consumer purchasing power, we are making a clear statement about our economic stability. By purchasing local, we tell the corporations we will not support their unethical practices.
- BEGINNING BLACK FRIDAY ... boycott the corporatization of the holidays.
Here's what you can do:
- ) Spend quality time with family, not in lines to buy things.
- ) Support local businesses if you must purchase a gift.
- ) Handmade gifts are made with love.
- ) Buy NOTHING. Stay home and spend time with loved ones.
THIS SEASON WE STAND TOGETHER AS A NATIONAL COMMUNITY AGAINST CORPORATE GREED.
WE SUPPORT #OWS AND THE 99%.
This means every present you were planning on purchasing this holiday season, please make sure it is from a local merchant and NOT A MULTI-NATIONAL CORPORATION.
Keep our money local. We control the money flow.
Please join us in making THIS holiday season about giving back to our communities by making them financially strong.
Our strength is in our numbers.
Our strength is in our consumer choices.
Choose to support your local business.
We are the 99%.
See this page for information about this occupation and others.