Oregon State Bank Bill - Public Forum - Tuesday February 1st, 2011
- From: Steve Hughes, WFP <***email***>
- To: person@domain.TLD
- Date: Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 9:45 AM
- Subject: Rep. Jenson (R-Pendleton) sponsors State Bank bill - public forum on Feb.1st
Dear [Email Recipient],
The Working Families Party proposal to create an Oregon State Bank modeled after the highly successful Bank of North Dakota has been garnering widespread, bi-partisan support. We expect several State Bank bills during the 2011 legislature, but we now have the first: a bill introduced by Rep. Bob Jenson (R - Pendleton).
Rep. Jenson, a Republican, was also a 2010 nominee of the Oregon Working Families Party.
According to Barbara Dudley of the Working Families Party, "As co-chair of the House Committee on Agriculture and Natural Resources, Rep. Jenson understands as well as anyone the challenges facing Oregon's farmers and ranchers when it comes to getting the credit they need to run their businesses."
Can you attend? RSVP on Facebook here, and then share with your friends.
"As co-chair of the House Committee on Agriculture... Rep. Jenson understands as well as anyone the challenges facing Oregon's farmers and ranchers when it comes to getting the credit they need to run their businesses."
A Community Forum on Creating the Oregon State Bank
- Tuesday Feb. 1, 2011
- 5:30 – 6 pm Reception
- 6 – 8 pm Public Forum
- At the New Song Community Church
- (2511 NE MLK Blvd., Portland)
RSVP on Facebook! (Then tell your friends.)
- Barbara Dudley
- Co-Chair of the Oregon Working Families Party
- Jim Houser
- Co-Chair, Main Street Alliance of Oregon, and co owner of the Hawthorne Auto Clinic
- Teresa Retzlaff
- Farmer, 46 North Farm in Astoria, and member of Friends of Family Farmers
- Rep. Jefferson Smith
- Tarana Jhane: 971-645-1944
- Steve Hughes: 503-412-8041, email@example.com
List of Forum Co-sponsors
- AFSCME Council 75
- Alliance for Democracy
- Code Pink PDX Chapter
- Communication Workers of America Local 7901
- Economic Justice Action Group of the First Unitarian Church
- Jobs with Justice
- Laborers Local 483
- Main Street Alliance
- National Association of Letter Carriers, Branch 82
- National Lawyers Guild, Portland Chapter
- Oregon Action
- Oregon Fair Trade Campaign
- Oregon Renewable Energy Policy
- Portland Alliance
- PSU Faculty Association, AFT 3571
- Real Wealth of Portland
- The Northwest Alliance for Alternative Media & Education
- UFCW Local 555
- Women's International League for Peace & Freedom
What is Oregonians for a State Bank?
Over two years ago, 800 people gathered in Portland to develop unified responses to the financial melt down. One of the ideas that emerged from that gathering was to pursue the creation of the Oregon State Bank.
Since then a coalition of business owners, community bankers, family farmers, and concerned individuals have joined together to form Oregonians for a State Bank. We seek to answer our State’s need for financial independence from the big banks that failed to protect Oregonians like you and me.
Thank you for all you do,
- Steve Hughes,
- State Director, Oregon WFP