Shut Down the Corporations
- Date: Wed Feb 29
- Time: 11:30am until 5:30pm
- Location: SW Naito Pkwy & SW Ankeny St, Portland, Oregon 97204
- Jump to this event's wiki page, edit it, discuss it or return to the events page.
- Occupy Portland invites you to Shut Down the Corporations!
Occupy Portland calls for a national day of non-violent direct action to reclaim our voices and challenge our society’s obsession with profit and greed by shutting down the corporations.
- We are rejecting a society that does not allow us control of our future.
We will reclaim our ability to shape our world in a democratic, cooperative, just and sustainable direction.
- We call on the Occupy Movement and everyone seeking freedom and justice to join us in this day of action.
There has been a theft by the 1% of our democratic ability to shape and form the society in which we live and our society is steered toward the destructive pursuit of consumption, profit and greed at the expense of all else.
By shutting down the corporations for a day we begin to recreate our democracy. We begin to create a society that is organized to meet human needs and sustain life.
- Leap into Action on F29!
Occupy Portland called for a national day of action on February 29th to shut down corporations associated with the anti-democratic American Legislative Exchange Council, ALEC. Over 60 cities across the country will come together on F29 to shut down ALEC's corporate members.
- Join us in Portland, home to dozens of ALEC corporate members, as we shut them down!
Wednesday February 29th, 11:30AM-5:30PM
- 11:30AM - 1PM Rally at SW Naito and Ankeny
The march will visit ALEC corporate members where affinity groups are taking direct action to shut them down!
- 5PM-5:30PM Closing rally at Director's Park SW Park and Yamhill
- More info
- F29 Social Media Rendezvous! February 24th
- Direct Action Training! February 25th
- See you in the streets!
See also: Direct Action Against Legislative Corruption on February 29