This is a quirky name for a Portland Gem - drinking water fountains all over the city which come from the Bull Run - best water I have ever had!. The goal of this page is to document, with pictures if possible, every single Benson Bubbler Water Fountain. The tradition was founded on April 10, 1912 with City Ordinance #25070912.
The 128 drinking fountains
Single Bowl Bubblers
- 76 single-bowl variations
52 Four Bowl Bubblers
- First Instance is a four bowl fountain at Simon Benson House
- in front of Civic Auditorium on SW Third
- SW Front and Ankeny
- Morrison and SW 4th - photo by L.E. Baskow 
- SW Broadway and Washington
- in front of Benson Polytechnic High School, which is also named in honor of Simon Benson.
- The corner of Burnside and SW 3rd
- The corner of NW Glisan and NW 21st
- 5 am to 10 pm daily
- he wanted to offer loggers something cold on the streets to quench their thirst, instead of alcohol
- he saw a little girl crying at a parade because she was thirsty.
- he saved them from being dismantled
- Drinking fountain, water fountain or bubbler?